Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grotto Falls



Ahhhhh, it is officially fall. BUT, I'm not wishing away this amazing weather we have been having. 80's and sunny and expected to be like that for the next week at least. Beautiful. I am excited for the fall and winter, but the warm weather is oh so nice. So our little family decided to venture out and take advantage of the beautiful weather and the beautiful scenery that is in our own back yard.

We took a drive up Payson Canyon and hiked the little trail up to Grotto Falls. The leaves are starting to change colors, and we love it!

Once we got to the trail we noticed there are tons of these little fuzzy caterpillars.


They're pretty cute.

To get to the falls, we have to cross several little bridges.
Hayden was a pro. Ella? Not so much but she figured it out.


We made it!

We decided to take a dip with our feet, but holy cow, that water was fa-reeeezing!

Don't Hayden and Ella look so happy to be there?

These trees seriously look pink when walking by them.
We drove up the Nebo loop and admired the scenery. I wish wish wish this picture did it justice.

We even stopped at an overlook to eat some sandwiches, but quickly jetted out of there due to bees that wouldn't leave us alone. I didn't want my husband puffing up like a marshmallow man just so I could see Utah Lake from on top of a mountain.
It was such a nice outing. I am always amazed at how beautiful it is around these parts. And to just think, the colors of the mountains will only get better in the the next couple of weeks. :)

3 comments:

DJCK incorporated said...

too cool. that makes two sons that go for hikes with their kin. And one daughter that takes them into the Rockies and another that wades them into the Atlantic. I am a blessed man.

JoAnn and Dewey said...

That looked like so much fun. I am sure Paul is really proud of you. I am.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love fall- especially in Utah!