Tuesday, November 1, 2011

5k Fun Run for Jacob

We had a wonderful opportunity to participate in a 5k fun run for a sweet little boy named Jacob and his family. Just recently 6 year old Jacob was diagnosed with leukemia. Obviously you never want to hear of something like this. The local high school track coach, who happens to be neighbors with us and this sweet family, set up a 5k fun run in Jacob's name, with all the proceeds going to this amazing family to help with medical needs. There was a great turn out and I feel so privileged to have been a part of this race. Even though I came in last. Hey, I'm pregnant!

Before the race started. It was 30 degrees. Freezing!

Carl ran the whole thing, so he ended up waiting a little while for us, but when we got close, Hayden jumped out of the stroller and ran with him to the finish line. I should say that in the beginning of the race Hayden ran a ton too! she was excited, but quickly got tired and cold! So in the stroller she went, until the end. :)

GO GO GO!!


When we crossed the line, it was so cool to see Jacob and his amazing family waiting.

I know this is such a hard time for them, but I hope they know, (and I'm sure they do) that we are all rooting and praying for them.

2 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

What a great family event to help another family. I'm proud of you.

Megan said...

what a great event to be apart of. am i'm even more impressed that you did that super pregnant!