
Last night, Carl and I did our normal routine of putting Hayden to bed and watching our shows. After Heroes was over I picked up the new Entertainment Weekly magazine that Carl gets and of course on the cover was all about Twilight. Holy crap! Enough with Twilight, already! That's what I have been thinking for the past who knows how long since the trailers of the movie have hit the media. But for some reason, looking at this magazine, I was intrigued. Maybe it was because Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart looked amazingly beautiful on the cover. So I started to read the article in the magazine. Next thing I know, Carl had grabbed the first book and put it in front of me and told me just to read the first chapter. I contemplated for a second and finally gave up my pride and said what the heck!
I read the first chapter...then the second....then the third....and then the fourth! I didn't want to stop and the only reason I did was because it was nearly midnight and I knew I should go to sleep if I wanted to take adequate care of my 9 month old baby the next day.
I love it so far. It's such an easy read, which is good for me because I'm not much of a reader. I like to read, it just takes a lot of effort for me to pick up a book and read it. But I am excited to pick this up and find out what else is going to happen to Bella and Edward. My in-laws recently took a trip to Forks, WA to visit the site of "TWILIGHT" and I thought that was really funny, but now I think it would be kind of fun! I can't believe I just said that.
So to all my friends who have been patient with me while they giggled and blushed like little school girls over Edward, I NOW UNDERSTAND! I've only just begun, but I'm so excited to gush over these two little love birds and feel like a kid again.
I'll let you know how it goes, but for now, on to chapter 5!
7 comments:
Well, Devin I'm with you. I have had no deisre to start reading the Twilight series but maybe I will since both you and Naomi are reading them. I talked to Naomi this morning at WW and she started the first book over the weekend and finished the second book yesterday so I guess if it is an easy and fast read I just might start. If you can give in to the Twilight books it might not be too long before you watch the Hellboy sagas. Just a thought. Don't forget we watched the 5 seasons of Angel in a few months. I guess vampires are becoming more popular again.
Well its about time.... holy freakin' cow. Welcome to the Twilight side! You are going to love them and I am so happy we can now talk about them. Thanks for getting over your stubbornness and embracing Edward... he is so dreamy! Yay Twilight!! :)
OMGOSHHHHH!!! FINALLY...love it. Trust your friends next time :)
Devin, I'm just like you! I had so many people harassing me about Twilight for the last few years, that I decided not to read them...just becuase everyone wanted me to. :) I hate to jump on the bandwagons! Well, when I saw the movie was coming out, I knew that everyone would be going to see it together. I'm so social that I didn't want to miss out on a girl's night out just becuase I hadn't read the books. So...I gave in! Just so I can be invited. Weak, huh?! Well, I read all 4 books in about 2 weeks and loved them all. They are very entertaining and just fun. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
what is carl thinking? he's going to have a showerless, noncooking, goodfornothing wife until you've finished all 4. ask b. ask dad.
welcome to the twilight zone! i started later than most people i know, but loved them just as much as everyone else. keep us updated as you finish the books!
Devin, I don't know whether to be happy for you or to facepalm. However, I do hope that you enjoy the books. Thankfully, you probably won't be as screechy about your love for Edward as some people. Carl will appreciate that.
Post a Comment