Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Hooray! It's time for everyone to hear about how I loved Christmas this year. Not only is it a wonderful time of year, but it was Hayden's first Christmas and that made it extra special.

But first, a little shout out to my loving hubby. Today we celebrate 4 years of marriage. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing guy. We have grown together so much over the last 4 years and have so many fun memories. I really do think the world of him and I know he feels the same about me. Plus, we have a pretty dang cute baby and I blame that all on him!:) It's wonderful to know that through all the ups and downs in life, I have someone by my side the whole time, keeping me company. I love you, Carl! Here's to an eternity more of marriage bliss!

Now, about Christmas.


We were originally planning on driving up to Washington to be with Carl's parents on Christmas, but thanks to the numerous amounts of winter storms and closed roads, we weren't able to go. We were pretty bummed about it, but decided to make the best out of it. We had a delicious ham dinner,(thanks Mom and Dad) on Christmas Eve, read Luke 2 with Hayden and off she went to dream of sugarplum fairies. It was so much fun to wake up to her usual silliness and help her open her presents on her first Christmas morning. She didn't help for too long. Once she opened the first of her toys she was content to play with just those, so Carl and I had fun opening them for her. We both had bought gifts for her and didn't tell each other what we got her, to make it a little more fun. She got so many fun gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, and aunts and uncles, and we are so grateful for them and their thoughtfulness. We love you all.Even Ella got in on the fun!
Christmas really is better when you have little kids around to see them enjoy it, even though Hayden is still so young, I love watching her play with her new toys.She couldn't wait to see what came in the mail.

It really is a season for giving and being with the ones you love. Even though we couldn't be with family, we were grateful for great friends to take us in and keep us company. Thanks, Amylyn and Andy for being our "family" on Christmas! We love you guys!

6 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Four whole years and eternity to go!! I love the pics, you guys look so awesome. Christmas morning looked like so much fun with Hayden! I love her cute Christmas dress. We just love you guys!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Happy Anniversary to you. The blog and pictures are great. Hayden is beautiful. We love the season too. There are only 361 days til Christmas 2009. Yea--we love you.

Jill said...

Hayden has the most beautiful eyes!!! John and I celebrate our anniversary on the 28th too - congrats for four great years!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

OK, I miss you more! Thanks for your compliments. Your Christmas was dear and sweet and so cute with little Hayden! I can't believe how big she is. How is Carl liking his new job? We are three hours east of DC, plus we will be in Montreal the 2nd week of March, so give us some more details when you get them.
PS-of course you love Breaking Dawn. Let me know what you think of the ending and of the drama about recasting Taylor Lautner's roll for Jacob in New Moon. I am FB friends with Michael Copon (the potential replacement) who seems like a nice guy, but I really love Taylor!! Who knows :)

Love you, L

tara said...

hey buddy! i wish i could've been there for your little family christmas celebration. i'm so sorry you weren't able to get home. this winter was pretty insane even in mild western washington. i hope you have a fabulous new year and congrats on your aniversario...i know that means birthday, but you catch my drift. love ya buddy

Jess Berg said...

These pics are so cute! Happy Anniversary to you guys... four great years for us both! Yay!