First, Elder Dave has returned!
We were able to go up to Washington on New Year's Eve and welcome the last of the McCains home from his mission. The poor kid was completely overwhelmed by all of us throwing our kids on him, but he handled himself like a true RM. We had fun hanging out with the family and helping Dave adjust back to normal, if you would call that helping. :)Welcome home, Dave. We are proud of you!
So here is a question for all you moms out there: Will my house ever be clean and organized again?
For some reason, I really like this picture of Hayden. It's totally random, but it makes me laugh every time.
Okay, so about today. Basically, Hayden didn't have a very graceful day, to put it lightly, but she was still a super silly girl despite having been beat up by inanimate objects. So kudos to her.
Earlier this morning as I was getting something for breakfast, Hayden crawled into the kitchen and somehow her hands slipped out from under her and kerplop! she face plants into the floor and experiences her first bloody lip. Those darn teeth! But a little soothing and a soft, wet cloth to suck on fixed that problem right up. Sorry, no close up of the lip. It's not too bad, but you can see a little cut. Owie!
This afternoon we were eating some fruit loops and I hadn't noticed that she had thrown about 5 pieces in her mouth at once, until she started choking on them! AHHH, so some pats on the back and a little choke puke later, all is well, and she's back in for more fruit loops. This time she only got one at a time, we are learning to control our portions.
And to top off this fun day of adventures, we were having a fun time showing Carl what a big girl Hayden is because she can walk holding only one of our hands. Well, she happened to lose her balance right at the corner of our bed where there just happened to be the corner of the metal frame. Yep, she hit right in the middle of her forehead, and of course, I freaked! Let's just say I'm so glad Carl was home to help stop the bleeding and calm her down. I feel like a horrible mother, but Carl keeps reminding me that these are the first of many bonks she will have in her life. I just hope she learns to spread them out so they don't always happen on the same day! So here are some pictures of her first band aid.
I have some really cute videos, but for some reason, they don't want to upload right now. I'll try again later. They are a must!
Finally, I would like everyone to know how much I appreciate them and love them. I had a good friend from high school pass away this weekend and I am sad that I couldn't tell her how great I thought she was. I've told her before, but it should be said more often. She was only 29 and had a little 4 month old boy. We had kept in touch, but not nearly as much as I wish we had. Lisa was a beautiful person and I will miss her dearly.
I love you all!
6 comments:
Your house may be clean and organized on occasion but not often but that's okay. Mine is only clean and organizrd on occasion but not often and that's okay too. Poor little Hayden. Grandpa and Grandma thinks she needs some cute bandaides. Is that a random gift? Wait until she starts swinging from something and falls and hits her eyebrow and then you take her to the doctor and he thinks you've been hitting your child. That is a fun experience. Oh there will be great adventures for you. You are a good mom and dad and know how to do the right things. The pictures are great and we definitely have the cutest granddaughter in the world. We love you. The sun will come out tomorrow>>>>>>>
Trust me, your house is much cleaner and organized than a lot of people who don't even have kids. Don't you watch Oprah!?
You are a terrific mother and I think it's great Hayden keeps getting back up and you continue to let her explore. She is a champ!
The pictures are all really funny, especially where Hayden is crying. I think it's funny because her face says "total despair meltdown OVERLOAD!" hahaha. Poor thing!
All the cousins have McCain eyes and I love them hanging on Carl's brother...too cute!
I love you back!~
Oh, what a silly Hayden girl. She is so blasted cute. Sounds like she had a very rough day though. It is so exciting that she is getting so mobile but I guess the bonks have to come along with it.
I love the picture of Hayden crying. I love the pose she is in... only baby's can do that with out falling over :). Her face though, poor girl!
You guys are such good parents. Every single time we see you, we always say that. We love you guys and little Hayden girl. Oh, and Ella too! We are glad you are back from Washington cause we definitely need to get together... like maybe this weekend. :)
seriously woman, you are not horrible. i will bring up the previous, do you watch oprah, but replace it with do you watch dr. phil. now, there are some seriously questionable parents. back to what your mom said, everyone in my parents' ward thought they abused my brother and i because we were so accident prone. no worries, buddy.
holla back with the love as well. even though i don't get to see you often, i count myself lucky to know you.
ps about the house being "organized..." what does that even mean?
Love the band-aid, somehow band-aids make everything better... Although I think you need to invest in some Disney character ones or something... plain ones are boring... and your house looks way cleaner than my kid-free one so I'd say you are doing a good job! P.s. Miss you tons!
Post a Comment