Friday, February 12, 2010

Singing Sensation

Today, I had a very happy moment.
Hayden had been napping for a couple of hours when I heard the most beautiful music. It wasn't coming from the TV because I didn't have it on. It wasn't the radio or ipod, because those were silent as well. Was I dreaming? Nope.
I was hearing my 2 year old daughter sing to herself in her room. She would switch from talking to singing and I would hear her say "mermaid" and she would start singing the "mermaid song".
It. Was. Awesome.
I swear she dreams of princesses when she is asleep.

I tried to record from outside her room so I wouldn't interrupt her, but it wasn't loud enough on the camera to hear. So I opened the door and this is what I saw/heard:




I love this kid.

5 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

She was impressively on pitch!! What a funny girl :)

Sometimes I find Sam doing the same thing. He really does love mermaids and princesses. Ok, not really.

tara said...

okay, i have to see that girl ASAP so i can squeeze her and convince her to marry my son...in about 22 years.

Robyn said...

That was awesome!!Linc came running from the other room when I started it, "It's Hayden!!" Love it.

JoAnn and Dewey said...

OH MY GOODNESS. Can she get any cuter?

The Payne Family said...

Oh gosh I love that kid! You have the next "American Idol" on your hands. I was so impressed with her pitch and how she followed along so well with the melody. So stinkin' cute!