Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family = Fun

There is so much to be happy about and grateful for. I am a lucky girl because I am surrounded by the best people who make me laugh and I know love me, no matter what my flaws and weaknesses are.



My family is great. We we lucky enough to have ALMOST my whole family with us a couple weekends ago for the first BYU home game, which we won, no big deal:) We missed Brian and Flora, but really enjoyed having everyone else stay with us. Hayden loved playing with her cousins, Spencer and Connor, and we really loved being with family again. My parents are so generous and really helped us out to make sure everyone was comfortable and had enough to eat. Our pantry will never look like that again!:) Thanks guys!! Go Cougs!

Also, my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary while they were with us....congratulations to them!! They are an inspiration. They both got what they wanted, my dad got to go to the game and my mom got to be with her grandkids. Everyone is happy!:)



My in-laws are awesome. Gma McCain is a very talented woman and made this beautiful blanket for Hayden. They are very supportive of us and have helped us so much. Plus, they have raised a pretty darn good kid, well 5 darn good kids, so kudos to them!




What a pair. I seriously couldn't make it without these two in my life. Carl is the best hubby you could ask for and has been so supportive and helpful to me these past two weeks. I have dealt with anxiety for a while but it has been rough the last little bit, but he has stepped up and been a hero to me in helping me deal with it, and I love him for that! Hayden just makes me smile. She truly makes me happy. I'm a lucky girl.

4 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

We are lucky parents to have such a beautiful daughter and granddaughter and handsome son-in-law. We are so thankful for them and for our sons, daughters-in-law and grandsons. We sis have a great time. Go Cougars---Go Owens/McCains!!RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COUGARS. Love you.

Anonymous said...

OH! She is soooooooooooo incredibly cute, I can't stand it! Imagine JoAnn hands all a-flutter, high pitched squeels, and huge eyes. That means I could just eat. her. up. Ya'll are raising a great kid yourself!

Amy Nielson said...

Oh your parents are so freakin funny. This post made me laugh, and I love that your whole family got matching shirts. Awesome. Go Cougs! (Now, you know in my head I'm thinking Crimson, right?)

The Payne Family said...

That blanket is beautiful! You guys are so lucky... you have such a wonderful family! My favorite picture is Hayden just hangin' out on Carl's shoulders and her shirt is just soaked... I love it!!