Friday, September 12, 2008

Hayden, of course!

So, I'm not in a hurry for Hayden to start crawling, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited to see her propping herself up and getting close. I've been hanging out with the camera in my hands for that one golden moment when she starts to crawl. I've captured a few cute attempts, but she is still a work in progress. This little video is just a start of what's to come:





I'm beginning to wonder if Hayden is really my baby. I don't think we look alike all that much, but she sure does look like her daddy! I think I would rather her look like him anyway because he is so darn cute, and so is she!!!







Hayden is a trooper. She has to endure all sorts of humiliation from her mom and pops just so they can get a good laugh every now and then. This video is no exception. Don't worry, we didn't make her eat all of the applesauce.....you'll see what I mean. We aren't that cruel.....
P.S.....this is the first solid food she hasn't liked. Aren't all babies supposed to LOVE applesauce? I thought that was the rule. Oh well. You can't win them all.

7 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

That video is so hysterical I think it could win the $100,000 on America's Funniest home video. She really doesn't like applesauce. Maybe you should pour some chocolate syrup on top. You know a spoon full of sugar helps the applesauce go down. Love you.

Carl said...

Ok, so I know I am your husband and I am supposed to say stuff like this but HOT DAMN! Are you really my wife? You look hot in those photos with Hayden!!!! What time do I get off of work???!!

Anonymous said...

ahahahahaha!! That was really funny! I would def. submit it to Americas Funniest Home Videos for sure! I love her flair for the dramatic, all gagging and what not, pausing, then crying before it even goes in, HILARIOUS!!!!

tara said...

that is hilarious! i don't think that luke was a particular fan of applesauce either. looks like its a little on the tangy side. can't get apples away from him now though. he eats them right down to the core these days...and to second your husband's comment, you are one hot mama, lady.

A and C said...

I love it! That is so funny. I am tempted to start Darren on solids but he is still so little-just very interested. Amanda hated applesauce too. In fact she hated most fruits. She loves them now though so keep trying here and there.

Jess Berg said...

Thats really funny... try grapefruit... that was my dads torture fruit of choice... always got a laugh. P.S. Dev, Hayden totally has your eyes. She does look a LOT like Carl, but definitely has your eyes... and she is beautiful!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love Hayden and tell Carl to just call instead of posting.