Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New and Improved

This may or may not be a big deal for some people, but Carl and I feel like we have finally fulfilled one of our dreams of having a matching bed set, and by bed set I mean matching comforter to sheets to euro shams and decorative pillows. This is big time! What do you think?


Bed Bath and Beyond had a killer deal that we just couldn't refuse, so we jumped on it. I really didn't think I would care that much right now about what my bed looks like. We were just using white sheets that I thought looked clean and crisp and then at night we just threw on a random blanket, but man! I feel like we are living in a 5 star hotel now! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it really is fun to have matching stuff. The room now feels complete!

And this little number goes out to my homie, Dewey. You should be so proud of your granddaughter. If you can't tell what is going on, that's Carl laying down with Hayden in front of him (see her head?) and they are watching Donald Duck! It's only the best Disney character ever. Thanks, Dad!

6 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Your bedroom looks spectacular. It really is nice and I know that you feel good sleeping under that beautiful comforter and the crisp new sheets.

Way to go Hayden. Grandpa is going to have so much fun having a popcorn and Donald Duck movie night with you.

Thanks for your bloggs. I feel like I'm not missing out being so far away. Love you MOM

The Payne Family said...

I love your bedroom!! It looks so classic and I love the color! Way to go!

Megan said...

the new bedding looks awesome! tanner and i also went the miss-matched route for a looong time, until his parents decided to get new bedding, which means we snagged their old ones!

i have been a slacker at blogging lately but i just got caught up on your last couple posts. so funny, and watching hayden walk was one of the cutest things ever!

i wish i could have seen you guys when we were in utah! but i knew tanner really wanted to meet little hayden so i decided the best thing was to send off eli and tanner to go visit while i got stuck back watching three crazy nephews by myself. next time im definitely coming though!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm so jealous - it looks better than fabulous! Now you have a reason to make your bed every day, darn.

Anonymous said...

I adore the new bedding!!! Seriously! It is so soothing...
If I might add in my input: find a place to throw in a touch of red to add vibrancy and passion to the space (maybe a small square vase on the dresser or night table with a couple of nice red faux flowers). You don't want to fall asleep while you're "in the act", ha!

ArizonaLewis said...

i have an addiction to bedding. brandon is always wondering when enough is enough. NEVERRRRRRRR!
It looks great.