Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm Owning It

This is for Heather.

I have always known that my face is very asymmetrical, well, my whole body for that matter. If you were to draw a line down my body and look at both sides separately, you would not even know they were supposed to be together. I'm serious.

I always had issues with my nose and lips in particular. My nose is crooked and my lips are very thin and shapeless. Also, when I was 2, I was attacked by a cat and received this awesome scar running from the inside of my nose to the inside of my lip. BUT...I came to terms with these imperfections a while ago. I know who I am, and I like what makes me who I am.
Hopefully you can see the scar in this photo. It's much better in real life!
There you have it. What are your imperfections?

3 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

All I see when I look at your photo is perfection. We love you this much---infinity. My imperfection? I have two webbed toes--maybe that's why I'm such a good swimmer.
That was Mom--Dad here--I know you don't trust my opinion but you ARE perfect. I've known you longer than anyone (besides your Mom)--I saw you be born into this world--you were a perfect angel then and you're a perfect angel now, our little bit of heaven. OK, so that wasn't the intent of your entry. My imperfection? My left leg is shorter than my right. I discovered that while undergoing a physical for the Naval Academy. I like to think that's why I wasn't selected.

Arizona Lewis Photography said...

oh dev. thanks for this post. it's so refreshing to read about people loving themselves as is. you are beautiful and the best "little sister" in the world. i love you.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Yeah - we've got a pretty good life when we can complain about not being perfect!