We have been looking for about 6 months and every time we thought we were ready, we realized we just weren't. The finances wouldn't work out, or we would run out of time to qualify for the grant that Utah was issuing. Anyway, you understand, timing and money wasn't right. So we gave up.
Then, our realtor, Jim Cannon, informed us of some amazing deals going down in Spanish Fork AND the Utah grant for buying a brand new home was back! So to make a long story short, we looked at the house plans, figured out a budget, talked to our lender and realized we could handle it. Voila....we signed some papers and here we are in the waiting game. They can get these houses up in 60 days (fingers crossed) and if we close before Dec. 1 we will get an additional grant from the government for being first time home buyers!!! We are really counting on these grants to help us through, so you better cross your fingers too!!!
Since I am an excited home buyer, I can't help but put up some pictures of our lot that will have our house on it soon(supposing all goes well) and the surrounding area. I drove around today with Hayden while Carl was recovering from his root canal, and snapped some shots of our future residential area. Here you go:
Our lot
(tractors are not included)
(tractors are not included)
What we will see coming out the front door
( There will be houses built in front, but we should still see the Mts. pretty well. That building is an elementary school on the next street over.)
What you see on the way to our neighborhood.
And another shot of what you see when you leave the neighborhood to the south.
Now, onto other news...
Why do brownies have to be sooo good and easy to prepare that I make them all the time?
13 comments:
SCORE!! I love it. I am so blasted excited for you guys. Having a house is the best thing ever and I am so excited that everything worked out. I can't wait to see it! I love the floor plans too. It looks perfect!
Hayden is growing up so stinkin' fast. I love her smile on cue! My favorite is when she just stared at the spoon for like 20 seconds. I wonder what she was thinking while she stared at that. Such a funny little girl.
I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats!!
Yay! Congratulations!!! That is very exciting and the area is beautiful. Buying a home is so exciting/stressful. I hope everything goes smoothly :)
oh and p.s. Hayden really is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. I can't believe how big she is!
i love it! that is seriously such fun/amazing news. i think it will be a good ten years before tanner and i can afford a house : ) and hayden is so cute. that video totally made me smile!
We are the luckiest grandparents in the whole world to have the cutest granddaughter in the whole world. That has to be our favorite video so far of Hayden. Pretty soon Hayden will be making the brownies all by herself. Your house looks perfect. We are excited to see it. The area looks beautiful. We are so happy for this next step in your lives.
the mountains are so beautiful.
congrats you guys!
i'm so excited for all these new excuses to come to utah and not have to stay in orem.
(i'm helping paint. i'm helping decorate. i'm sodding. i'm walking the dog around the block. i'm breathing).
CONGRATS!!!! So exciting! And the area looks beautiful!
DEVIN!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud and happy for you two. From the basement to this brand new home. Your patience and wisdom has paid off. YEA!!!
I don't know if I'm more excited about brownies or the house. JUST KIDDING. You guys are amazing. I have loved working with you for these past months and I'm sad to see you guys go, wait, I'm kinda happy too. Ok, I'm torn to see you go. There I said it.
-Jim
Oh I wanted to tell everyone, this house is going to be AMAZING for entertaining. :)
-Jim
yay you!!! i wish i was there to celebrate with you and also to become your neighbor...i won't lie. anyway, congrats and good luck!
Tara, I can arrange that. :)
totally exciting and so cute. you are a great mom
YAY!! What a beautiful area! I am so excited for your new house... I know how crazy the house hunt can be, but man does it feel good to settle down! I hope all the timing goes right for those grants, cause those definitely help things...
Keep posting updates, it'll be fun to watch it come together!
Post a Comment