Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just Call Me the Weather Girl

I cannot lie.
Whenever I see this:

I get very excited.
I have always loved storms. Always, since I can remember. I lived a lot of my life in Oklahoma, so you kind of have to be a fan of storms because if you're not, then you might be considered weird. :) just kidding. I don't know if that's really true, but most people you talk to from there will tell you that storms can be pretty amazing. Even scary. But we won't get into the scary parts today.
When a storm would be coming, my family would run outside like a moth to a flame. Even with hail falling, my brothers would run down the street screaming. Often times, my mom and I would hop in the car with the video camera and go shoot the storm from afar, just in case we saw any real action, or a tornado. We never did catch a tornado with our camera. That would have been amazingly terrifying.
I now live in Utah. Storms don't happen near as much as they do in Oklahoma, but we get an occasional good thunderstorm. Today was a pretty good one.
(I will have it known that I never wish harm or damage to anyone or their property.)
The past couple of days have been exciting weather. Nothing too crazy, but enough. Hayden has been fun to have around in a good rain storm. She loves to sit on the porch and watch with me. And I appreciate her humoring me.

Hayden standing in the raining jumping excitedly.

It rained a lot in a short amount of time. I'm so happy we got our retaining wall up or all that rain would have been in our yard! (you can see our boulders in about the middle going right)
And this is just awesome. You can't really tell, but this is Ella holding on for dear life in the wind.

I was so excited about today's storm that I let Hayden stay up an hour past her normal nap time to watch it with me. I know~CRAZY!

This is just a silly video of Hayden and Ella getting blown away.




So, the moral of the story is that I like thunderstorms.
The End

3 comments:

Cara said...

I love storms, too! Even people in Texas don't understand my weird fascination for watching them...I do think it has something to do with living in Oklahoma!

That Hayden gets cuter and cuter all the time...if that is even possible!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

There is nothing more fun than a good old fashinoed thunderstorm in the middle of summer. Hayden and Ella look like they are having a great time. I love thundertorms too.

Amy Nielson said...

hayden is cute as always! but i feel like the the focus of my comment on this post has to be about puffy little ella trying not to get blown away! so funny :)

i love storms too! i love sitting in my house all warm and cozy and safe and listening to thunder and pouring rain. i think it's something about feeling totally secure yet danger looming so closely all at once.