Friday, August 13, 2010

Rocky Mountain Love

We went to Colorado last weekend and had a wonderful, amazing, great, fun, relaxing time. Every time I go there, I come home wondering why we don't live there? It's beautiful! Carl's sister lives in Parker, just south of Denver and it is gorgeous. Maybe I like it because the air is so clean and it's so open, or maybe it's because there is a huge prairie dog field near their house. For whatever reason, I love it.

The main reason for our visit:



This cute girl (our niece) was getting baptized and we wanted to be there for the big day. It was so special and we are so proud of her for making that decision. We love you!

It was nice to hang out with Laurel (carl's sis) and her family and enjoy our time at their beautiful home. We wish we could see them more often. They have such a sweet family. Plus it's so fun to see Hayden interact with her cousins!

While we were in Colorado, Carl's parents had invited us to stay with them a couple of days in Breckenridge at their timeshare. Who are we to pass that up? I had been there once with Mom and Dad McCain 2 years ago when Hayden was just a baby, but Carl had never been. It was fun to show him the cool ski town. A few highlights would include:

1. Everyday we had a huge bubble bath in the big jet tub.


2. Teaching Hayden how to play pool.

3. Eating Crepes.


4. Eating fondue :)

5. Grandma saving us all by calming down a rambunctious Hayden, while trying to eat fondue.

6. Sitting in or jumping into the hot tub.

7. Uncle Carl protecting the girls from the Beast.


8. A good game of Apples to Apples :)


9. Our 2 little foxes that would come out everyday to say hi.

Of course being with family is always so comforting. Thanks, Mom and Dad McCain for inviting us to come with you! We love you!

Here are just a couple of videos having fun:


7 comments:

Robyn said...

So cool! The two foxes are gorgeous, that is so awesome that they just hung out there. I'm glad you guys had fun!

The Payne Family said...

Oh my goodness... those cute girls singing and dancing is so cute! Love it! Looks like you guys had a blast. It is always nice to get away and visit family. Oh and Hayden's hair is so long! So cute! Love and miss you guys! :)

Jill said...

We love Colorado and wonder why we don't live there every time we visit too! Maybe one day! Hayden in the tub is too cute... and I love her jumping into the hot tub!

Amy Nielson said...

k, after seeing this i am decided that we will have to visit colorado too! the little foxes alone are enough for me. so cute.

looks like you guys had a blast! i know what you mean, it's always so hard to leave family & go back to normal life.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Why don't you live here?

Brittany said...

Dev, very often I wonder why you don't live in Colorado! I live about 10 miles west of Denver and about 45 minutes from Parker. I would use all of my persuasion powers to have you move to Colorado!

Jess Berg said...

Hey now! You should have called! Actually it looks like you kept busy & had fun.. I do have to agree though, you SHOULD live here! :)