Monday, September 27, 2010

Reliving My Youth



I got a job. It's very part time but it should be really fun!
What is it, you ask?
Why, I'm the 2nd assistant cheerleading coach at a local high school. Talk about a dream job, eh? At least for me. I cheered a bunch in my younger years and I LOVED every minute of it, so when I heard from our neighbor friend Jethro (who happens to be a teacher at this school) that there was an opening and the hours would be workable for me, I applied. Then I got an interview. And low and behold, they picked me!
I went to meet the squad and watch them practice today. It reminded me of how much I really liked high school and how much I loved cheering. Probably because my best friends were all on the squad. That was the main reason I did it. It was so much fun.
Even though it's such a small gig in comparison to others, I'm still a little nervous about it. I'm lucky that they are flexible with me bringing Hayden to practices and events if I have to. That's one of the main reasons I could do it. I'm really hoping this will be a good way to get me out of the house and involved in something fun.
I'm excited.
Wish me luck. I have my first morning practice tomorrow at 6am. :)

12 comments:

Robyn said...

YAYAYAYAYAYYAY! G-O GO Devin! See me cheering, you have already rubbed off on me :) You will be AMAZING!!

A and C said...

I guess you can do stuff in Utah at 6 am cause there is no release time seminary, right? Congrats and have a great time! I am signing up Amanda for a mini cheer camp. She is pretty excited.

Nicole said...

ok I am so jealous! I would love to coach cheer! I had no idea you cheered in high school :)

Amy Nielson said...

You are going to be perfect for this job! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck tomorrow... but you don't need it, you're gonna be awesome ;)

Brett and Rachel said...

SOOOOO fun! Congrats! You will have a blast!

Diane said...

That's awesome, Devin - good luck!

The Payne Family said...

How fun!! That is so cool Dev! You will do great. I'm so glad it works out for your schedule and that Hayden is able to tag along. She will love that! Your little mini cheer leader!! Don't be nervous, you will do great!! Have fun!!

ArizonaLewis said...

LET'S GET A LITTLE BIT ROWDY
R-O-W D-Y!!!

SO fun dev. of course i'll be your oncall consultant for any questions 24/7.
love it! and you!!

tara said...

congratulations buddy! how exciting. i wish you all the luck in the world (even though amy's right, you so don't need it). good luck and have so much fun. i wish i was 16 again and lived in draper and was coordinated enough to be a cheerleader...you get the idea...so you could be MY coach :) yay!!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Yea Devin--they don't know how lucky they are to have you. You were the best. We loved every minute of you in high school too! It was fun.

Cara said...

How fun!! Is it just me...or is 6am not really as early as it used to be?! LOL! You will be a great coach!

Megan said...

congratulations! i feel like its important for us as mom's to have something to do outside of raising kids for our sanity... so this sounds perfect! now i just need to go find what i can do...