Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Hike, Slurpee, Cool Painting, and an Award.

A couple weeks ago we went on a gorgeous hike up the mountains by our house. The leaves were changing, the weather was perfect and the company was ca-yute!


Our house is down there in the valley. Isn't the view pretty?
There is a reservoir tucked away in these mountains. It's a cool place to go fishing or let your kids fall in the water. On Accident. (Sorry, Robyn) ;)


I love getting out and exploring our neighborhood:)

I also love this kid!
Seriously, look at that face. We have discovered whenever she drinks a slurpee she goes CRAZY, and we like it. It's the best kind of sugar rush:)

Also, check out this cool painting that our friend Jethro made for us. It's our little family and I LOVE it!
Jethro is an art teacher at the local high school, so he does this stuff for a living and he's so good at it. If anyone wants a hook up, let me know! :)


And lastly, my cute friend Amy gave me this award:

It's my very first blog award! haha pretty cool. Thanks Amy! Check out her blog if you want to see some cuteness!
I'm supposed to write 7 things about myself so I figured I could link you to this post I did a while ago, because I can't think of anything interesting at the moment:) And you score because you actually get 10 things about me if you read that, instead of just 7. Lucky you:)

4 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

so much to say about this post.
first, i love that you're wearing matching shirts. you guys are way too cute.
second, i'm pretty sure i've been to that reservoir with my sister! we laid out on the sand/gravel & her kids played in the water. loved it there.
third, that painting is awesome. that is totally your family right there. good work jethro!
fourth, i wish i had a slurpee & looked half as cute as hayden while eating it.
fifth, i miss you guys terribly & love you bunches!

Jill said...

I love how the painting of course includes Ella! What a cute family! We have to try slurpees with Daphne! Sounds too fun!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Jethro's painting is great. I liked the fact that Carl had a book in his hand and that Ella was included in the action. It is great that you could fall in the water at the reservoir and come out okay. Remember the Altus reservoir? Can't say the same for that one. Hayden is adorable as usual.

ArizonaLewis said...

i need a painting.
asap.
that is the most amazing thing ever.
what a unique talent.
how do we go abouts this?