Last weekend was a big weekend for a few reasons:
1. Our cheerleaders had their national competition down in California.
Considering it was the first time for them to compete at a national level, they did very well! We placed 8th, barely missing the finals by .8 of a point. So close, yet so far away. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm proud of the hard work these girls put in to make it this far.


2. It was a 5 day trip down to California and Disneyland/California Adventure! Disneyland really is a happy place :)
3. It was a 5 day trip...without Carl or Hayden. This was the first time I have been away from Hayden for more than a night and the first time for Carl to be in charge of her for that long. I was REALLY nervous about the whole trip to begin with, and then missing them on top of it was freaking me out. BUT, I made it! (Thanks Robyn, for watching Hayden while Carl was working! And for feeding my family!) And Carl did an EXCELLENT job at playing Mr. Mom. Those two now have an even stronger bond than before and I love it. I would be lying if I said I didn't cry at the sight of them when they picked me up to bring me home. I just don't like being away from them.
Period.
5 comments:
You did it and I am proud of you. I am proud of Carl and Hayden too for taking care of each other while you were gone. Yea for Mommies and daddies and daughters who love each other.
I totally understand! Darren and Aaron are much better buddies since Conner has arrived. And although we are "used" to having Aaron gone so much, i hate it and can't wait to just be a family again.
Way fun! A super nice getaway! Looks like you had a blast and I'm sure Hayden loved spending time with her dad.
Look to your own life;
I feel great all of your activities,
Wishes You Have a great weekend,,
have a perfect life,
best Wishes You,
greetings to you & you family!.
I feel the same way - I miss my kiddos when I'm away and love to do things together (even though I'm on the computer downstairs and everyone is upstairs playing legos together - better go join them).
Post a Comment