Thursday, July 10, 2008

We Miss You, Washington!

Here we are, safe and sound back in our home in......Utah???!!! That's right, after spending the week in near perfect weather(give or take a little rain here and there) and with excellent family, you could say I'm a little bitter to have to come back to the dry and hot state of Utah. I didn't even have to use any lotion while I was in Seattle with the humidity and cool weather and as soon as we pulled into Springville last night I couldn't get enough of it! Needless to say, we had a wonderful time, and if we had it our way right now, we would be living there in a heartbeat! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be so close to family all the time. Someday, someday.
This was our first big trip with Hayden out of Utah and I must say, she did pretty well. Going up was definitely better than coming back, but either way, it worked, and
we made it. She was a trooper, and I would do it again tomorrow....oh wait, I will be traveling again in a couple days with Hayden. Next stop, GRANDMA CAMP!!!!! We will be making a trip to Breckenridge, CO for a fun time with Grannie and Granpie McCain and Auntie Laurel,and the cousins!!!
Here are a couple of highlights from the trip to Seattle:

When traveling with an infant, it requires lots of stops. We enjoyed getting the blanket out and stretching our legs and just watching our silly baby



GO MARINERS!
On the 4th, Carl and I, along with Dad and Paul, went to a Mariners game, and they actually won! It was a fun game to watch...Thanks Dad!




Happy 4th!
What's a 4th of July without some fireworks? My parents' neighborhood had the best display of fireworks, so we didn't even have to go anywhere! The dogs didn't even get scared with all the booms and sweet Hayden slept the entire time! I couldn't believe it! And only in the Pacific Northwest can you wear long sleeves and still be a little chilly in the middle of summer, but it is awesome for fireworks!





Farmer's Market
One of our favorite things on this trip was going down to the Puyallup Farmer's Market. Why, you ask? It was just fun. We enjoyed the people and all the dogs and of course the different booths people had on display. The flowers are always beautiful and the food is always delicious.




Happy Birthday, Dad!




Good Family and Friends

This is a sweet picture of Hayden and Great Grandma Kesler when we stopped in the Tri Cities...Thanks again, Mom and Dad McCain for letting us crash at your place. You guys are great!

Bath time with Grannie Owens

Hayden sure does miss her Grannie and Granpie Owens!

Uncle Pablo. You sure do look cute with that baby! Thanks for making the house clean for us, and the car too!

Amy and Sam! What funny people they are. I sure do love these guys and I'm so glad we got to see them while we were there. Thanks for the laughs and the delicious "Flag" cake. Hey Amy...."DANCE"



One Day...

We will see you again, oh beautiful Mt. Rainier. We love our families and can't wait to see them again.....Thanks for everything you do for us!

....now onto Grandma Camp!!......

10 comments:

tara said...

i'm so sad you were within a couple hours and i missed the devin train. someday i will see you again. we're actually making the trek down to utah in september for like 3 weeks so i would love to meet the baby. the picture with you, mombo, and the little flower head was really cute! well done my friend!

McCain Family said...

Oh man, that would have been great! We were only in Kennewick for a night on the way to Seattle and then a night on the way back from Seattle. I would love love love to see you in September. Let me know when you are here!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! I LOVEEEE YOUR HAIR Devin! It looks like ya'll had the best time ever! Thanks for taking Adam in on a couple of nights. He is going to miss you, as do I! Wesley misses you too of course, but you'll have to tell Ella that he is basically "Loose" and has moved on to a younger woman. Sad day! You have a gorgeous baby, but you knew that!

The Payne Family said...

Oh heavens... looks like you guys had a blast! Baby Hayden is growing so fast... I think she looks alot like Carl. How stinkin' fun! Hey, what are the plans this week at the McCain household? We would love to get together either Friday or Saturday. It sounds like you guys are heading out of town again. If we don't catch you this weekend, maybe next. Don't forget about your long lost friends in Lehi!! I miss Hayden and I know Libby would love to have a friend for a few hours.

ArizonaLewis said...

I'm going to lather up your baby in BBQ sauce and eat her thighs one at a time. In other words- I love her soooooo much. Have fun with Gma and Gpa and the MacD's. I'm so jealous I could spit.
xox-Auntie Hev
ps- for a Seattle dude, Paul sure is tan?

Amy Nielson said...

Hey lady... thanks for posting that picture you took of me when I was drunk and stoned! That was some time we had at your hizzy!

FYI, I may or may not have stolen that pic, doctored it with a little photoshopping (aka: took off 10 pounds and woken up the ol' eyes) and then posted it on my own page. Oops, I guess my secret is out.

It was good seeing you guys, we had a great time :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I can't wait for next week - we are really glad you are going. PS - we are still working on you guys coming to Denver, I haven't given up hope yet.

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Your blog is great. Dad is working on trying to find the pictures he wants to add to ours. Your pictures are perfect. Little Hayden is soooooooo beautiful. I love the Mariner pictures too. Guess what? Costco called and the 8 MM I turned in last week are already back. They were really quick this time. We are patiently waiting for your permanent move up here. We love you.

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see you.
When I'm not working at one job I'm at another :( I'm sorry I missed you. Are you coming up again anytime soon?

Jess Berg said...

Wait... dogS as in two? Did you guys get another dog? I feel like I don't even know you guys anymore... I mean, Ella and I were tight, and now you have all these new strange additions to your family... thats it, I guess I just have to come visit!