Well I know a lot of you are sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how my test went on Saturday. Well just to let you guys know, I didn't pass. I guess it just isn't my time to be certified. I had studied hard but the test was nothing that I was prepared for. I had studied but not correctly.
I appreciate all the kind things that you guys said to me and the words of encouragement. It is nice to be able to see our friends pop in and show their support when you need it. I am a little disappointed with myself and feel a little like I let my family down but what can you do besides pick back up your pride,, start studying, and get ready to take the test again. I am ok now. It was nice to have the weekend to relax, good friends to spend time with, and a wonderful family that is full of love and kisses. Even when I was so angry and upset with myself, Hayden still wanted to be by my side and give me wet, slobbery kisses. She gave me lots of smiles and laughs and that really helped. Plus I have a wonderful wife who was sure to let me know that she still loves me and doesn't think any less of me.
I think the phrase is keep on keepin' on. Thanks again for the support and I will let you all know what happens the next time I take the test. I love all you guys and everything you do for me.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
We love you Carl. We are so excited for your visit. The weatherman says rain on Friday but fireworks will go off anyway. Who is afraid of a little rain. Remember Steve Young was the 8th string quarterback at BYU at one time. You'll do great on your test next time around because now you know what to expect. We think you are the best son-in-law, father and husband. See you in three days. Yea!!!!!!
Hey, that just means you know exactly how to prepare for the next time so you can ace it. We've all had days like that - it is just a temporary setback.
Thanks for keeping us all up to date - I love checking your blog and seeing how you guys are doing.
But just think, now you know what the test will be like 2nd time around. Carl, I know exactly were you are coming from... you study so hard and then it doesn't work out. Andy and I will pray for you next time round. Oh and can we play next week? Seriously, next week we need to get together. Let me know what your guys' plans are.
Carl, I guess this just proves that you're human. This is just a small setback!
We are so excited for you guys to come up this week... what are your plans? Sam's parents might be around the 3-5, but we're not sure if that's happening for sure. Just let us know!
We'll see you soon, and I CANNOT wait to meet Hayden!!
i just wanted to let you know that i do think less of you...i'm totally kidding. are we good enough friends for me to joke like that? sorry if we're not. seriously, who does pass things first time around? don't answer that if its usually you. i definitly am not and you are lucky to have devin who i know will support you no matter what...and nothing is better than a baby smile. she'll love you no matter what. good luck next time! we're pulling for ya
Post a Comment