Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Phoenix or bust!

We got to spend the last weekend in Phoenix with Carl's family for the blessing of our sweet little nephew, and sweet he is! It was so fun to watch Hayden play with her cousins, we just wish it could be more often. We had such a good time with everyone and even driving the 20 hours in one weekend wasn't so bad. Hayden wins the prize of the century with how well she did in the car traveling. I wish I had some gold stars because she would wear them for the rest of her life.

During the trip we visited Shnepf Farm. We enjoyed the frisbee catching dogs, train ride and petting zoo.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL. I know what you are thinking, Phoenix wasn't 100 million degrees? Nope, it was probably in the high 70's the whole time, so while everyone in Utah enjoyed the first snow, we enjoyed the sun.

We went to dinner at this cool restaurant with a great view of Arizona and enjoyed the live band and dancing. I wish we got pictures of the slide you can ride on your way to your table, but I didn't get any. What was I thinking?! But I made sure to get one of these two silly people....

Sunday was the reason for it all, we got to witness Ade's blessing, which was wonderful, and then it was kisses and hugs and off we went to drive back to cold Utah. On the way home we had to get a picture in front of the visitors center in Page, AZ/Lake Powell. After all, it was called "Carl Hayden Visitor Center" Why wouldn't we stop?!

We loved seeing the family(thanks for everything!) and wish everyone could have been there. Next stop, Elder Dave!! We look forward to seeing him in only a couple months!

Here are my randoms of Hayden...

6 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

What a nice blog and the pictures are great. Hayden's hair is growing. I'm glad you got to go to Arizona and that you had a great time. Hip Hip Hooray for Hayden for being such a good traveler. WOW Ella has some competition in that area now.

tara said...

those pictures are really cute. i don't really have a lot to say, i just wanted to comment because i haven't in a while. that carl hayden sign is awesome. how often does something like that happen? hilarious. you guys are great. do you want to hang out sometime? if only...

The Payne Family said...

Yay for Arizona! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip. We loved having little Ella... seriously, Libby is a little bummed that she doesn't have a friend to play with anymore. Oh, and I LOVE the picture of Hayden and her big smile. She is just so cute!

Amy Nielson said...

Oh man... a little heat sounds so good right about now!! (As I'm wrapped up in a blanket drinking hot cocoa) Looks like you guys had a good time!!

Brett and Rachel said...

Ok, your nursery is absolutely adorable! I love the brown and pink. Next time you guys come to AZ you need to stay longer so we can get together.

Brett Blaser said...

WHAT!!!? I know I don't check blogs all the time, but... WHAT? You guys were in Arizona and you didn't tell me. I wondered why the Temperature dropped from the 100's to the 70's that weekend... now I know! Okay, I'm just kidding, hope you guys had fun here in Arizona while it lasted. You're always welcome to come back anytime.
With much love and little animosity, Brett.
(just kidding again!)