The surgery itself went very well! We got to the clinic at 5 a.m. where they took Carl to get prepped and prodded with needles, but he had very good nurses taking care of him and he ended up having a rather pleasant experience with the needles in comparison to what he has had in the past (a little Xanax helped.) At 6 a.m. they whooshed him away to complete the task at hand, I went into the waiting room and dozed a bit, and at 6:50 a.m. the surgeon woke me up and told me they were finished. So it was a very quick procedure. I was aloud to go back and wait for him to wake up, but man, seeing him all doped up like that with an oxygen mask on his face broke my heart. We spent a few hours in recovery waiting for him to be alert enough to be able to leave, and when we got the all clear, home we went!
My brother, Jeff, had stayed home with Hayden so we didn't have to worry about her, which was really nice.
So for the past week, this is how we have spent our time:
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Carl and I are so appreciative and love you ALL!
4 comments:
I'm always impressed with how well you write Devin. Yea for Carl--good lovin, baby kisses and tender care makes all the difference. He'll be on the BB court before you know it! Love you guys. DD
Glad it is all over Carl and that you are slowly but surely gettin' back to normal. We miss you guys terribly! Have a great weekend in Vegas and we will play FOR SURE when you guys get home. Love you guys!
hey dudes...glad to see you're all recovered thanks to the help of hayden and her posse. how cute is that, seriously?? enjoy being better!
Devin, I totally concur with the heartsick feelings you felt to see Carlking24 so incapacitated. When they wheeled the unconscious, almost lifeless Mom out after her oral endoscopy, I started to cry because she actually appeared dead. How wonderful both she and Carl are so alive and full of vim and vitality.
Post a Comment