It all happened so fast and I didn't know what was going on because I have never had to deal with this before. Let me explain...
Hayden has had a rough couple of weeks with more teething and being sick, so she has been super grumpy and not eating well. Well, yesterday and today she has been feeling a lot better and starting to eat normal, so lunch was going pretty well, until she threw her spoon full of spaghetti and meat sauce at me. She even hit Ella with the food, as soon below (look closely at her shoulder)
But all throwing of food aside, she did pretty well and ate all her food, but she did manage to get a lot on herself as well. I then had the brilliant idea of putting her in the bath tub to clean her off and I thought it would be fun for her to just play in the tub for a bit while I sat in the bathroom with her and fiddled on the computer.
Not even two minutes into the fun, I hear the all too familiar sound of a little girl grunting with all her might and I turn around just in time to see POOP FLOATING AWAY FROM HAYDEN! It finally happened.
I experienced my first poop in the bath tub today.
So, I grab Hayden out of the tub and immediately start draining and throwing all her toys on the floor and in my haste to clean the tub, I left Hayden out to air dry. Big mistake. Big. HUGE! Once again, as I'm cleaning, I hear the all too familiar sound of grunting coming from my silly little girl and once again I turn around just in time to see Hayden POOPING IN THE HALLWAY!
Wait, it gets better.
I run and clean that poop up. In the meantime, Hayden is walking back and forth from the bathroom to the guest room and leaving a little trail of pee/bathwater everywhere she goes. I finally get the tub cleaned out and get it ready to finish her bath, so I go to get Hayden and guess what I found? Two more little turds in the guest room!
I don't know how she had that much poop, but she did. Sometimes I really wonder if Hayden does these things on purpose because she thinks it would be funny to see Mommy running around acting like a crazy person.
No, not my little angel, she would never do anything on purpose like poop in the tub and on the floor, or throw food at me, or slap me in the face....should I go on?
Anyway, I tried to look on the bright side and thought, hey, at least I saved a diaper, right?
I was basically exhausted after that, as seen below:
Don't I look good? No, don't answer that. I look like.....well....POOP! Not only had I just cleaned up a bunch of poop, but I have been doing this for the last two days:
Yes, that is me sneezing and it sucks. My allergies have been really bad and I want to rip my nose off my face.
All in all, it was a VERY funny experience today and one I'm sure every parent has been through and can laugh about.
Just so you know, the day went a lot smoother once I put her diaper back on.
The things we do for our kids.
Gotta love 'em!
6 comments:
That is so funny but at least she didn't step in it and then leave perfectly shaped poop footprints from her bedroom to yours and back. How do you even start to clean that up? (yes, it has happened to me and am sure will happen again). But I will say with all my kids I have only had to deal with poop in the tub once! Glad you could laugh about it.
So Daphne pooped in the tub too, the one time I took a tub with her!!! YUCK!!!! I haven't been in a tub with poop since I was like six (probably my cousins poop or something). I tried to grab it out and throw it into the toliet and anyways I'll save you the gory details. I love your attitude about saving a diaper though! They do make good yet nasty stories!
Diapers are a wonderful invention. Just be thankful she didn't have diarrhea--oh well--don't picture that. Dad and I thought that was so funny especially the part about her doing it on purpose. She is a smart little girl--is it possible? At least Ella didn't get blamed for the poop in the bedroom this time.
Oh my heavens... funniest story ever!! Silly Hayden. How did she poop so much?? I'm so glad that you were able to laugh about it. If it were me and I were sick, I might just sit down and cry. You are such a good mom. Hopefully Hayden doesn't get any ideas and do this every time she gets in the bathtub... that could be a fun experience... not :) Love ya!
that was no less than awesome, devin. it may even beat my wal-mart story...maybe. seriously though, poo in the tub sucks but i'm pretty sure it does have to happen to all of us. its some sort of law. now, the whole walking around whilst relieving yourself again and again? that one is strictly yours. at least its over and out of the way, right? and yes, you did save a diaper. way to be positive.
oh, bother - I'm sure it could have been worse, but I'm not sure how right now!
Post a Comment