Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When it's nice outside....

...get out of the house!

Hayden and I went on a fun adventure through the campus of BYU today. Why did we go on a fun adventure at BYU? To see Daddy, of course!

We started at the duck pond on the south side of campus and saw lots of ducks and turtles and Hayden liked pointing at them. Some of the turtles were even being naughty in public, but I won't put a picture of that.




Hayden even enjoyed chasing the ducks, but I think this particular duck liked it.

Then we made our trek up the long staircase and across campus.

In front of the library.

detoured to a water puddle.

In front of the ASB...almost there! And yes, Hayden is holding some flower petals that I didn't realize she had picked until it was too late. Oops.

And finally, we found Daddy!


What a fun little adventure. We walked back the same way and visited the ducks one last time before heading home. It's so nice to be able to get out of the house on a beautiful day and visit our favorite person. We love you, Daddy!

8 comments:

Soilsqueezer said...

It has been nice here to and the kids have been spending all afternoon outside. I love it and love the warmth. We are so glad to finally have some!

The Payne Family said...

What a fun little summer adventure. I am so happy the warm weather is finally here... let's hope it stays! Andy is down for having a summer party this weekend... maybe we will do a little dutch ovening in the canyon or play some badminton :) What do you think?

JoAnn and Dewey said...

I love this blog. Hayden is adorable and I'm glad she loves the duck pond. It is one of my favorite places on the BYU campus. You were able to capture great moments on your walk. Wish I were there to go on a walk with the both of you. Hope today is another beautiful day for you.

tara said...

fun! we've had some adventures of our own up here thanks to the sun making an appearance for a couple days. don't get too close to those ducks in the future. they bite! love you guys

Anonymous said...

Hated those ducks.
Naught turtles.
Those stairs warrant 2 extra scoops of ice cream.
Carl's office stuff-niz
You are gorgeous!
Hayden is getting to be a little girl! Nuts!

Of course, I miss you and Adam and I are already searching flights for the summer!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Your office Carl, your office! How cool! I never had an office that nice. You know, government surplus metal desks and crooked bookshelves for me, but you--polished wood and more wood and plants and open spaces. Ah, the good life.....oh, and Hayden and Devin sure are cute. Good job guys (pun intended). DD

John said...

How fun! Hayden is sooooooooooooo cute chasing the ducks and playing in the water! She's a little kid now! What a fun family! Are those pearls the from Carl, I remember him telling me he was going to get them for you, I think for mothers day right after Hayden was born... I may be way off! I'm glad we know you guys, you're so fun!

DJCK incorporated said...

Okay, wardrobe changes between the last and next-to-last pictures. Duck Pond? Did that used to be called the Frosh Pond? Trying to figure out where you parked...you do still live in Springville, right?
A dad needs to know.