Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our New BFFs

This week we had a fun adventure and got to babysit these cool kids for three days while mommy and daddy took a trip down to California.

Let me introduce you to Brynley, Caleb and Aubrey...some of the cutest kids on the planet.



Yes, that is right. I went from 1 child to 4 over night. You can call me super mom if you want. However, I can't take all the credit for my super powers because Carl would come over after work and stay for a few hours and play with the kids. He was great and they LOVE him!



(This picture makes me laugh everytime. Look at Hayden in the background...???)

We had so much fun doing things like this:

check out the hair



and things like this. Seriously, I wish everyone could meet Brynley. You would smile every time you talk to her. She has some pretty cool costumes. This one is my favorite:






Possible musician in the making?

Just chatting with her new best friend.
Hayden loved everything having to do with the baby, including feeding her. Except she didn't like when the baby sat on my lap. That's her territory.:)
I really do wish I had more photos, but towards the end I got lazy with the camera or I would forget it if we went somewhere. Lindsey, if you ever want to see ALL of the pictures, just let me know:)
All in all, everything went very well and the kids are all safe and sound and that's what matters! We had a lot of fun and it made me feel good that Lindsey and Brandon trusted me with their kids. And I'm so glad they could have a nice getaway. Everyone needs that once in a while.:)

Also, I think I learned a couple of things from this experience:
1. Hayden is not a perfect angel. I saw her steal one too many toys from the kids. We'll work on that.
...and...
2. I think I'll be okay if I have another child. I have had my doubts in the past if I could handle multiple kids, but this week proved that I can! Bring it on.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, the last photo of her in heals... really, I don't even have the words... TO DIE FOR CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! And I love the pic too of Carl playing with those kids and Hayden watching from a distance! Ha!

Jill said...

I also had a similar experience that made me realize I think I could have more and survive...

JoAnn and Dewey said...

The pictures are great. My favorite is Hayden on the trampoline in the back. Her expression is priceless. I am glad it was a great experience for you.

The Payne Family said...

Oh wow... you are super mom!! You could totally have triplets next! How fun would that be??? Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. Lots of cute pics!!

Lindsey said...

Love the pictures! And yes, I do want to see all of them but if there are tons you don't have to email them all to me b/c that's probably a lot of work. But if you want to you can... Thanks again you guys!

Brett and Rachel said...

Ok, that last pic is TOO cute! LOVE the red heels.

Also, is this "bring it on" an announcement?! :) Haha, J/K!

Amy Nielson said...

Oh how i love your blogging! Hayden is SO flippin cute. Seriously love her! So when can we expect Baby Devina/Carlito #2?? I will be anxiously waiting ;) lol, just kidding my love! (not really)

Brett and Rachel said...

Carl, Brett says thanks. He was worried that he'd have to pay for my dress. Those things are dang expensive. :)

ArizonaLewis said...

whoa! what are you saying?!
let's not get crazy devs.
multiple children?
that's straight up bananas.
i still act like i'm just pregnant with ade.
because caring for the 2 of them (at the same time) is nearly the end of me.
getting sweaty just thinking about it.
love you.

tara said...

i'm with amy...where's this kid you're supposedly ready for? i'm anxiously awaiting the announcement! love you tons