It's not like I wake up in a bad mood or anything. Actually I usually wake up pretty happy, but as the morning progresses my mood drastically changes...and I blame it all on my time management.
We have church at 11. Carl always needs to be there by 10:30. No biggie. However, I always wait until he is gone to get Hayden ready and take Ella outside and grab all my things, and finish getting myself ready and get Hayden's snacks,etc. Before you know it, the time is 10:58, the house is a MESS, I'm usually frazzled and very impatient because I would like to make it to church on time, but I know it won't happen.

Sooooo since we only live a block away from church, I like to walk. But when we are leaving at 10:58 and I have to walk with a toddler who ALSO likes to walk, only slower, it usually means we get there at least 5-10 minutes late. So there I am--late, sweaty, tired, muffled, and annoyed. But we make it.
Here's another truth: I'm always amazed at how calm I can get once I sit down in that pew. I really do love going to church. It helps my sanity:)
So, to go back to time management. I really need to work on it. Then I can honestly learn how to enjoy a calm Sunday morning. What would that be like?
Amazing, I'm sure.
4 comments:
You were there before us this morning! Thanks again for letting Brynley sit with you guys!
Well, you could NOT turn your clocks back next Sunday and then you'd be there 45 - 50 minutes early!
oh i feel your pain. every sunday when we are in the car on our way to church tanner gives me a talk about how i need to wake up 20 min earlier so we are not late every week and can be early for a change. and as much as i try to blame him for not helping with eli enough, i really know its my fault (but dont tell him)!
It gets easier, I think. There are two choices here-----you will start earlier or just decide you will always be late- If the latter happens you will be known forever as "Where are the McCains?" "Oh, they are always late". We do know people like that, don't we? We love you no matter how early or late you are. Happy Birthday Devin!!!!!!!
Post a Comment