Saturday, April 24, 2010

Big Girl

Hayden is officially in her big girl bed now. We have been putting this phase off for a while because we figured, why change a good thing? She liked her crib. She sleeps well in it. Why mess with it? Then we discovered this week that she is a master at quietly climbing out of her crib, something we didn't think she knew how to do. Well aren't we dumb? So the inevitable happened. She will now sleep in a big girl bed, and we will just have to accept it.


We just attempted the first nap this way. And I am proud to say that she is asleep, in her bed, with her blankets on top of her. It only took about 1/2 hour for her to fall asleep, with us going in a couple of times to remind her it was nap time. Sweet girl.

I know this is only the first day and we are in for a long journey from here on out, but I'm happy at the moment. Let me just cherish this moment...until tonight when we have to try again! :)

3 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Hayden laying in her Big Girl bed... she looks so proud of herself! Like she's saying, "What? I'm just laying in my big girl bed. No big deal."

Good luck w/ the transition!

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Yea for Hayden. We are glad the conversion is going so good.

The Payne Family said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!! Hooray Hayden... such a big girl!