This is the reason I love the show So You Think You Can Dance. I love when a piece of work can say so much without really "saying" anything at all.
This particular routine was dedicated to the choreographer's mother, who at the time is going through some personal circumstances and illness.
These two nailed it on the head. She portrays the mother, and he portrays her son.
These two nailed it on the head. She portrays the mother, and he portrays her son.
This show has won several emmy's for it's choreography. It's beautiful and genius and I love it.
Check it out:
Robert, along with All-Star Allison, performs a contemporary dance to Fix You by Coldplay....: "Simple Description"
4 comments:
i totally agree. when mia michaels got super emotional talking about how important mothers are it totally made me cry. i watched this today after i got home from an outing where eli decided to have an insane meltdown. it was frustrating and embarrassing, yet i was protective over him with all the other parents looking on at me. its nothing like an out of control (at times) child that can make you feel like you are doing something wrong as a mother. so when i put him down for a nap and turned this on, it was seriously exactly what i needed to hear. thanks for giving me another opportunity to watch it!
hey, so i've been mia forever so i just caught up on like 10 of your posts. hayden is so cute and so are you and you seriously inspire me to video/photograph so much more. now if only i could screw my head on and follow through!!
can we be friends?
My fav show. Ever.
Ugh!! The video isn't working for me. Boo. The audio, however, is working & I did sit and listen to "fix you" for the 1:36 min. clip. Love that song.
Wish I could see it! Silly mac.
Post a Comment