Friday, July 9, 2010

A Weekend with the McCains

I am proud to say that we had MOST of Carl's family here for the week (we missed you Laurel!) and I think it turned out really well! We are so grateful and blessed to be able to house so many people at one time. I just hope everyone was comfortable and enjoyed it as much as we did!

Since it was the 4th of July weekend, we had to start out with a bang. And by bang, I mean BBQ.
Lots of family and friends made it fun. Thanks Mom and Dad McCain for the grub...Delish!


After the BBQ we got ready for the STADIUM OF FIRE! Yes, we did witness a beautiful sunset, a ton of patriotism(where I always lose my composure...I pretty much bawl like a baby), the amazingness that is Carrie Underwood, and of course the firework show. It was so fun!
Happy Birthday, America!



On Sunday we did our own fireworks. The sparklers were a hit and Carl and his two brothers plus Justin, our nephew, had fun lighting off the rest and putting on a show. Good times. Hayden did great with the big fireworks at the stadium but for some reason the ones at home freaked her out. Except for the sparklers. She loved the sparklers.
I love my land, America!

On Monday we decided to head up to Sundance Ski Resort and ride the ski lift to the top for a little hike. We didn't walk the whole hike but still had a great view of the waterfalls.


I failed at getting pictures of us at the pool on Tuesday, but it was great and the kids loved it. We had another BBQ that night up the canyon at one of our favorite spots. Hayden really liked cooking her own hotdogs and enjoyed getting as dirty as she could. Awesome.

She also got her first shiner this week! It was a pretty good one. I guess that what happens when you run into a lamp post :/

We had so much fun with everyone here and can't wait until we can do it again :) To Aaron, Candace, Justin, Brittany, Alex, Amanda, Darren, Heather, Brandon, Brooks, Ade, Dave, Kym, and Gma and Gpa McCain, we love you and thank you for coming and spending some time with us.

5 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Sounds like you had a grand time. Hooray for families!

ArizonaLewis said...

great documenting! we had such great time and realized that we neeeeeed to live closer to your family. love you so much little sis!

The Payne Family said...

Yay for the 4th of July! I loved it this year because 1 day turned into 3! It was great. And Carrie Underwood was incredible. Oh how I love her! You guys are so cute and it looks like you had a blast with your fam in town. We should get together and do the Silver Lake Hike sometime. That would be fun!!

Amy Nielson said...

i will never forget the time my dad took a paper airplane to the eyeball at the stadium of fire and had a bloodshot eye for weeks. i was like, 12 years old. i think of it every time! glad you guys had a better experience! haha.

even with her black eye, hayden is such a cutie! and this post really made me want a hot dog cooked over a fire.

i'll be down there in a couple weeks... can't wait to see you guys!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Sorry we missed it - so sorry.
PS - everyone's looking so old, even the adults/