Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ella the Fairy (For My Mom)

Ella really is such a good dog and puts up with a lot of our nonsense, like this picture below. She's the best!


We have been pretty proud of her lately. I have finally decided that it is time I had a decent nights sleep and be able to stretch as much as I wanted in my own bed without a dog in my way.
She takes up a lot of space for such a small thing. I know what you are thinking, "you should have thrown her in a crate a long time ago at night. Easy fix." And I know, I really should have, but it never happened. It has been 5 1/2 years since we got Ella and she has slept in our bed about 99.9% of that time. We are crazy. But I think we have made a break through. We couldn't take it anymore, we needed space, so a couple of nights ago, when Ella wouldn't go to the foot of the bed because the fan was on and she was being a little whimpy(cold) Carl took control, made her a bed on the floor and put her there. We waited. We waited and waited. I was expecting her to whine and pace the floor like she has done before when she wasn't on the bed. She didn't do that. She stayed like a good girl. The whole night. It was glorious! And she did it the next night. A breakthrough for sure! We might not know how to handle all this new found freedom and stretching room!
So now we've got the space thing under control, if only I could control her snoring....that still seems to wake me up...

For you, Mom:


1 comment:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

I really love that dog. I think you have found her Halloween costume for this year. She really is a good dog. Her bed is coming and she will love it. It may take her a few days to get use to it but Buddy and Kitty love theirs. I need to blog. I don't know what is taking me so long to start again.