Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Hero

It's summertime. Well, I guess summertime is coming to an end, but it's still hot outside, and with heat brings flies and lots of them. We don't own a fly swatter. We should. They cost about $.50 at the store. But in reality, we don't need one. I have my own fly killer. His name is Carl. When he was growing up his mother taught him the neat little trick of filling up a big cup full of suds, hovering under a fly who has landed on the ceiling, and ever so gently, push the cup up to the ceiling causing the fly to swoop downward and into the cup of suds, making escape impossible.


This is why I married a tall man.
genius.

3 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

this IS genius, & i will be instilling the help of my own tall man to do this trick at my house! look out flies, your soapy bath of death awaits you.

JoAnn and Dewey said...

We have a fly swatter that electricutes them but it is in our garage and I haven't used it yet. I like the soapy water thing. Carol is so smart.

Brett and Rachel said...

Who knew?! Apparently Carl and his mom! Brett will be DYING to try this one. :)