Saturday, November 13, 2010

Is It Too Early to be Excited for Spring?

Today we planted tulips and hyacinths. I'm so excited that we got it done. I was really beginning to think we wouldn't. Now I have to wait about 6 months or so to fully appreciate the work. It's probably going to be a looooong winter, but at least there will be a prize at the end!
Hopefully our garden will look something like this (with additional pink tulips and pink hyacinths):

Aren't they so pretty!?

We planted a total of 60 tulips and 16 hyacinths. I really hope all of them bloom, but what are the chances of every single one blooming? I really don't know because I have never planted that many before. It will be fun to see how it goes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for some snow. You know, the good powdery kind. But when I'm over the snow, this will be a nice surprise. Can't wait :)

5 comments:

DJCK incorporated said...

If you want to hurry it a little you need to buy some crocus bulbs. They come up early, sometimes even up through the snow. They always cheer me up.

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Good for you. It's fun to watch the bulbs break through and grow.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It will be here sooner than later! And they will be worth the wait.

tara said...

answer: yes, it is WAY too early to anticipate spring. christmas first buddy!! i am excited for your planting awesomeness though. go you!

tara said...

ps so as you probably already know, i've been pretty absent from the blogosphere for quite some now so i just had to catch up on all that is hayden mccain. she's awesome and i wish i knew her :) by the way, we love david shannon and are always looking for new books of his. cute costume, cute kid, cute you! happy fall devin