Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Now Put Your Hands Up

We had our first cup of hot chocolate of the season. On Sunday night it started snowing. We went for a little drive around our neighborhood to see who has their Christmas stuff out already and remind Hayden that even though Christmas is grand, we shouldn't forget Thanksgiving. :) I do love seeing Christmas lights, but rest assured (and according to Carl), ours will not be going up until after Thanksgiving. And I totally agree with him. Even though I think it would be nice to get them up while the weather is cooperating and not turn them ON until after Thanksgiving. But hopefully the weather will be nice then, too. Moving on...so we went for a drive while it was snowing, so when we got home we heated ourselves up some hot chocolate and indulged.


Hayden really likes to play hide and seek. However, she still hasn't grasped the concept. When I count and look for her, she ALWAYS gives herself away, usually by yelling or laughing. Sometimes she just doesn't hide her whole body, like in this case:
See what is sticking out from under the door? That would be her foot. Nice try, Hayden but you aren't fooling anyone!



This next picture makes me laugh. Hayden likes to run around without much clothing on sometimes. We try to teach her to be modest, but it's in one ear and out the other, apparently.
In this instance, we made an exception because of her tights. How could we cover up the cute little bear on her bottom?
I know how. Put on some music and Hayden is quick to find any kind of dress so she can DANCE! She HAS to be wearing a dress or skirt to dance. She will have it no other way. In this video, it's her denim skirt and her McCain family reunion t-shirt. She's got style!

I realize the Beyonce song "Single Ladies" is a bit overused, but we couldn't resist. We like to be cliche:)

Untitled from Devin McCain on Vimeo.

6 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Oh, my goodness. Only one week till Thanksgiving. Yea! We can dance till we drop.

Robyn said...

First off, shake that thing Carl!!! Ha. That was even more fun to watch then Hayden :). We tried playing hide and seek with Lincoln tonight, I would even go with him to help him hide from daddy, and he would jump out and say I'm in here every time Jethro would be done counting. Silly kids.

The Payne Family said...

HAHAHAHA! So awesome! Hayden can definitely shake her hips. So cute! I love when she tries to imitate what they are doing as she sings along. So funny!

Amy Nielson said...

i'm gonna go make me a mug of hot cocoa right now, inspired by this post :)
oh, & the leggings picture? can't for hayden to see that one 14 years from now.
love you guys!

ArizonaLewis said...

i'm happy knowing that you're raising that child the right way. shaping her mind around the amazingness of beyonce is just how to do it. and no- it's not overused. the downward pumping fists in a black unitard never gets old.
love you guys.
need more of you!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

We love Hayden! Our hot cocoa maker has been going full time - and will be for the next three months.