Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Little Christmas (& Cheer) Spirit

This is our first time getting to put lights up on our house and we were excited to say the least:)
Here is Carl being the man and braving the cold and the roof to put up our old school lights.

He's pretty cute up there.

And here are the results! You might notice that we are about 4 feet short of a strand. Oh well, it still looks good! We also have a big street lamp in front of our house, but that makes us feel safe, so we don't mind:)
Yea, so we got some reindeer to add some cuteness. We love them but apparently other people love to mess with them while we are asleep. The first few nights we had them out we would bring them in before we went to bed. The first night we decided to leave them out all night, some funny guys decided they would have fun with them and place them in inappropriate positions. Try explaining that to your almost 3 year old. Plus, it's a mommy and a baby deer....just wrong. Anyway, I'm happy to report that nothing since then has happened and our deer our innocent once again.



I thought this was a cool shot . So there you go.

In this shot we have the Christmas village making an appearance(on the left), our big beautiful tree and some other Christmas decor. Also, Carl put up some shelves in the front hall (Thanks for the help, Jethro!). See them? I love them!

On the tree is a letter to Santa from Hayden. She told him all she wants for Christmas is a pink present. I hope he doesn't disappoint. I have a feeling he won't ;)


This little video needs no introduction, but I'll give you one anyway. Let's just say Hayden really likes going to cheer practices with me.

Untitled from Devin McCain on Vimeo.

6 comments:

JoAnn and Dewey said...

Everything looks so pretty. Wish we could see it in person. Hayden is definitely her mother's daughter. So cute.

Robyn said...

I need to come over, a lot has changed in a day! I decided that Hayden should be on the squad if the judges at the cheer competition saw that cuteness, you guys would for sure win.

The Payne Family said...

Oh my Hayden!! I couldn't tell at all what she was saying but that doesn't matter.... I still loved it! I can't believe how big she is getting! And I love your house. It looks so festive! Miss you guys!

Daysha said...

I'm going to eat her right up!!

DJCK incorporated said...

Nothing wrong with "old school" lights. They are so Christmasy compared to the newer ones. Way to go Carl for creating the spirit, even waiting after T-day to do so. So sorry we couldn't come and enjoy. But, apparently we have other commitments to solidify.

Amy Nielson said...

she is a natural! of course she is, it's in her genes ;)
love the lights, & the reindeer.