Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Apartment

Every now and then I get in a mood to decorate and spend lots of money on our house. If you know me, then you know that this is a very rare occurrence, but today is one of those days and I'm in one of those moods, which might not be a good thing. Unfortunately, I can't do EVERYTHING I would want to do, but maybe we can get something done. We have moved from a very small basement apartment into a more spacious 3 bedroom apartment, and I love it. Hayden finally has her own room, instead of having to sleep in the living room like before. We are actually excited to have people come over and stay with us instead of worrying whether or not they would constantly be hitting their heads on our ceiling, like before. Carl has been brought to his knees on a number of occasions in our old basement from hitting his head on certain parts of the ceiling. But that is no longer the case! Here are the top reasons I love our new apartment:
1. It's bigger!
2. We now have a dishwasher, and let me tell you it is amazing!
3. We have our own washer and dryer, so I can leave clothes in it and not feel bad.
4. We have a place for a dining room table, and we have a dining room table now!
5. Walk in closet
6. Hayden's own room to sleep in and not be disturbed
7. A guest room and bathroom for friends and family to stay in and use

The list could go on and on. My parents were kind enough to give us a mattress they had and weren't using, so we just got that today for the guest room. That will be very nice.
We are so grateful for what we have and we are excited for our family and friends to hopefully feel a little more comfortable when visiting us!:)

5 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Put in covered parking and you have it made!!

McCain Family said...

Laurel, I forgot to mention that we DO have covered parking! But it is the end spot so it kind of doesn't do a lot of covering, but still, there you go!

Anonymous said...

this makes me so happy for you, but it makes me excited as well for things to come!!

The Payne Family said...

That dishwasher makes a world of difference huh! I am so happy for you guys. We need to come see our apartment again, now that you have all your stuff in there. Super exciting!

Jess Berg said...

You moved! I feel so out of touch... :( Can I come over some time? Movie night maybe? I want to see the new place! I'm very happy you have a little more room now though!