Monday, April 28, 2008

When It's Nice Outside.....

I love to take the girls on a walk. Today was no exception. We set off for our walk around the trail next to our house and it was fun. Ella gets so excited about going that even the word "walk" makes her go crazy. Once that word is said, we better make sure we go or we will have a dog jumping on our legs for the rest of the day if not.

Our typical walk goes something like this: We get to the trail, Ella does her business(poop, I'm sorry thats gross, but its true) then I let her off the leash and let her run free. She usually wears herself out and in about 5 minutes she is running from shade to shade and lying down as she waits for me to pass, then she runs ahead to the next shaded area, lies down, and waits for me to catch up again.

We repeated this game of stop and go pretty much the whole walk, until I have to put her back on the leash to cross the street to go home. It makes me laugh. All the while, Hayden is usually sleeping and missing out on the fun. What a life.

Once we get home, Ella is usually so exhausted and dirty, she is out for the rest of the day. I love my girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

picture one, priceless. Hayden looking chubby and adorable. Ella refusing to look at her OR the camera...*diva*? As soon as Hayden is out of the picture, she starts posing of course!

Today Wesley met a dog his size and didn't try to attack. YAY!

Jess Berg said...

Woah, that girl needs a haircut!! But she's still cute anyways... I miss you guys! I want to go on walks with you!