The fun thing about having a new house is having lots of fun new projects to go along with it, right?
Right!
Right!
Our first item of business: painting the baseboards and doors.
We had the choice while the house was getting built to have them two-tone paint our walls and stuff, but that was an extra whole lot of money. So we thought, no way, we can totally paint everything for WAYYYY cheaper ourselves, so we told them to go ahead and just paint everything one color, and we'll fill in the blanks.
We had the choice while the house was getting built to have them two-tone paint our walls and stuff, but that was an extra whole lot of money. So we thought, no way, we can totally paint everything for WAYYYY cheaper ourselves, so we told them to go ahead and just paint everything one color, and we'll fill in the blanks.
At first, I was very excited about it...until I started doing it. Don't get me wrong, I do like painting and I'm still very excited for the end result, but I think that end result might take a lot longer than I initially thought. I'm a little overwhelmed at how long it actually takes me to paint a door frame, and to think I have about 11 more left to do, plus the actual doors, + the windowsills and baseboards. BUT we have started off great, and it will get done, a long time from now, but it WILL get done!
I've been working on it while Hayden is napping, so I might just stick with that routine. So far we are happy with the results we have on some baseboards in the front entry. I can't wait to be done and move onto the next project, whatever that may be!
7 comments:
How long to the parent McCains have to visit and beat the Owens down there? Those doggone guys beat us to all the cool stuff.
Better come soon. You never know with those guys.
You are doing great. Maybe you have some of Lefty Glauberg's painting genes. Remember he was a painter/wallpaperer. We have to get to California first to see little Elaine Acacia. She would not be happy if we didn't see her soon. Hooray for Webcam--we watched her for awhile last night. Unfortunately, Dad has a very bad cold right now and my cold is still lingering so we can't go until we are well. If the McCains and us show up at the same time--who gets the bed and who gets the basement??? By the way, Dad missed the virtual tour of your new home. When you have time maybe you could show him.
Hey good luck with the painting.... it looks great so far. Keep it up!
Devin you have a big project ahead of you, but it will be SO worth it! How amazing it must feel for you guys to finally be HOME. Wish we could come for a house warming party :)
Hehe! I totally understand. We thought it would be fun/easy to redo our bedroom. A month later things are finally put back in order. Seriously! Why do things ALWAYS take SO much longer than you're expecting?!
So give us the street address one more time,. Spanish fork? No that was the townhouse. Next time a confused nephew calls we want to be able to direct him better. Any show ups from the pseudo McCain branch of the family?
Post a Comment