This is my 200th post and it was my birthday yesterday.
Win-Win!
I won't lie, I usually milk my birthday month for all it's worth by exclaiming how it's my birthday allllll month long and what not, but this year I kind of felt different. I didn't want to accept that I'm getting older. But I am and that's okay. It's just a little harder than I thought it would be. Wah wah wah.
But here's where it gets good and I stop whining.
Look:

How can anybody be bummed about a birthday when they can have endless amounts of donuts at their reach!! That's what happens when you have the greatest husband and the amazing Robyn on your side. They didn't plan this, but they both knew how much I love donuts that they both got me some for my big day. They are so thoughtful. Robyn's were even homemade and incredible!
For real.

Speaking of Robyn, she was even kind enough to make homemade stir fry for dinner! YUMMY! She said she felt bad because I had to sit out in the FREEZING cold on my birthday (
to watch the girls cheer at a football game) but I think she just wanted to win the best neighbor and friend of the year award. Did I mention she and her hubby also watched Hayden for those 3 hours I was gone in the freezing cold? Yea, she totally wins for being awesome. Thanks, Robyn!

One of the highlights of my day was when I had walked in from said football game and the house had been decorated in streamers
(which Robyn had also helped with. Told you, she's amazing); The look on Carl's and Hayden's faces while yelling "happy birthday!" when I walked in was sooooo priceless. They were so genuinely excited to see me that it made me feel so loved and so blessed to have them in my life. I wish I had a picture of them at that moment. It was perfect.


This picture is solely documentation that Carl does, in fact, know how to wrap presents. He just hates doing it. He usually wraps them in towels or hides them under a blanket and has me reach my hand under and pick something out. Which is fun and saves on wrapping paper. But this year I requested he actually wrap them up. So he did. What a good man :)

My friend Alice the fairy even stopped by to help me open my presents. She's great.
I guess it's not so bad to get older when you are surrounded by nothing but cuteness.
I am so grateful for my family and friends. I feel blessed on a daily basis for the amazing people in my life. I'm thankful for a husband who had been sick for the 3 days before my birthday but on my birthday he made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed. That's love! I hope I can be as good a friend and spouse and mother and person as those people in my life.
:)
5 comments:
happy happy birthday devin dear!! i'm so glad it was a great day, full of donuts & presents & fairies!
and you're doing good if you're only getting one gray hair a year... go you!
so what fun things were in those lovely wrapped presents? (for the record, i think it's hilarious that he has you reach under a blanket & pull out your present. genius).
and lastly, my favorite part of this post is your little socky things in that last picture that are pulled up over your jeans.
devin, you are my favorite.
LOVE YOU!!
Yea!You deserve all the fun, cuteness, happiness, surprises, donuts, presents, delicious food,great friends, family and love because you are the VERY BEST daughter, wife, mother, sister, aunt in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and thankful for your husband and thoughtful friend Robyn.
happy birthday!! presents are fun and great, but there is nothing better than feeling so loved by those who mean the most to you. yay for your great friend, caring husband and super cute little fairy to show you the love!
Happy birthday my dear!! You look like you had a phenomenal day full of wonderful donuts, presents, and friends. You look gorgeous and I'm so happy you had a great day! Sorry I didn't call you to wish you a happy birthday on your special day. Hope all is well! Love you guys!
devo!!! it totally snuck up on me dangit! i had amazing intentions of returning the amazing favor that was you sending me a birthday card on my big day, but, alas...we flew out of town on an impromptu flight to indiana and michigan and i was gone for the two weeks prior to your birthday :( this is me totally whining. don't you worry my dear, this just means that you're going to be receiving in the mail totally by surprise and you won't even see it coming. i'm that awesome my friend...and it just so happens that so are you! happy birthday!! i'm so glad you were well taken care of. give carl a giant high five from me. he really does win the great husband award and as for your neighbor/friend...does she need more friends? i'm up for it! love ya pal!
Post a Comment