I was excited about Halloween this year because we were actually going to get to go door to door in our neighborhood instead of just doing a Trunk or Treat. Hayden is at the age now where she can have fun and understands how it works. But for a while there, I didn't think trick or treating was going to happen for us for a couple of reasons:
1. Remember the last post about BYU's Halloween fun? That night ended with us putting Hayden down and her waking up about 1/2 an hour later vomiting all over her room. That is seriously my worst nightmare. Anyway, our little Hayden was sick. I don't even think it was an "I ate too much candy" kind of sick either, because she didn't eat that much. I'm not sure what it was that made her sick but I thought our weekend was over. Luckily, she was better the next day. Trick or treating was still on for Saturday.
2. Saturday came along and the forecast called for some rain showers. No big deal right? However the forecast changed to thunderstorms. And a doozy of one at that. But we didn't know about it until we walked outside to start trick or treating with Robyn and Lincoln.
then the next house was this:
then this with some lightening:
then this with some lightening and thunder:
hail storm from Devin McCain on Vimeo.
It was crazy!! I'm usually totally on top of the weather situations going on but this time I was completely blind sided.
Our trick or treating was put on hold for about an hour. But the rain finally led up and we made a second attempt at getting delicious candy. It was great and so much fun to see Hayden having fun.
Walking along on our second attempt. I love her outfit with her big coat...it was cold!

Trick or treating with Lincoln.

Her own stash
Our pumpkins. We even had dry ice going on in Carl's pumpkin but it's hard to see in the pictures.


Happy Halloween! We hope everyone else was able to get out and have some fun!
Our trick or treating was put on hold for about an hour. But the rain finally led up and we made a second attempt at getting delicious candy. It was great and so much fun to see Hayden having fun.
Walking along on our second attempt. I love her outfit with her big coat...it was cold!
Trick or treating with Lincoln.
Her own stash
Happy Halloween! We hope everyone else was able to get out and have some fun!
5 comments:
I was getting so sad reading your blog and seeing Hayden's disappointed face. So glad it worked out better. Wish we were there to give her (and her cheating parents, don't even deny it) a whole bag of candy!
Gpa
wow, that is nuts. i'm glad it all turned out well despite sickness, thunder, lightening & hail storms :)
oh, & your pumpkins are seriously impressive. happy halloween!
We survived it all!! You forgot to add in the part where the kids gave up on knocking and just shouted at the doors until someone opened them :)
For a while I thought you were somehow back in Oklahoma. We never get the good stuff here but that's okay. We like any kind of rain and cool weather. Hayden looks adorable. Wish we were there.
Looks like it was a blast!
Post a Comment